Job Title: Channel Sales – Chicago Area
Reports to: VP of Business Development
Location: Chicago Area
The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales revenue through QTS partners. The position requires both the management of existing partners and recruiting new partners that will: refer opportunities to QTS, co-sell or resell our data center services. Identifying and recruiting these partners are key responsibilities associated with this position. The other critical component of this position is to develop a joint pipeline of sales opportunities with the partner community in Chicago and the surrounding area that will lead to significant and consistent sales revenue for QTS.
This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to achieve assigned goals and generate new business. The successful candidate must demonstrate experience in channel sales or direct sales of data center outsourcing, co-location and cloud and managed services. Existing relationships with companies that are candidates to become QTS channel partners is a plus.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams such as sales executives, sales engineering and operations to drive new business.
- Develop and manage partner relationships to ensure over-achievement of assigned goals.
- Generate new sales opportunities by leveraging partners that are QTS’ extended sales force.
- Create awareness of QTS within partner organizations through on-site education sessions and webinars. QTS provides Custom Data Center, Colocation and Cloud Services.
- Keep QTS top of mind with partners through value added support (e.g., lead generation programs) and communication (e.g., sales incentives).
- Serve as liaison between the partner and QTS internal teams to provide outstanding level of service.
- Provide accurate and timely forecast to management.
Experience and Education:
- BS/BA preferred.
- 10+ years of I/T channel sales experience. Proven track record of success and quota over-achievement.
- Experience in Cloud Services sales is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
For more information, please visit the QTS Career Center here.