Check out our newest Sales Engineering Braintrust, which includes:
- Engineering Spotlight: Meet our newest Security Sales Engineer, Ivan Paynter
- Win Wire: Discover how AVANT SE Dave Watson and a Trusted Advisor worked together to close a recent CCaaS/Teams UCaaS deal
- Pathfinder Updates: Check out our updated Mobility Matrix and dive into our newest Engineering Quick Hits
- AVANT Updates: Learn about AVANT resources, including our latest content and upcoming regional events near you
New Engineering Hire: Ivan Paynter
Ivan is our newest Security Sales Engineer! He brings years of deep experience, CISSP and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) certifications, and a wealth of knowledge to our Trusted Advisors and their customers. Ivan has an incredible reputation in the channel, and he is uniquely skilled at demystifying complex technical concepts for customers.
Outside of work, Ivan likes reading and enjoys some out-of-the-box hobbies like weather and frequency encryption. He also loves to use his technical skills at home. Ivan has 98 devices online at his house, and even creates a computerized Christmas display each year!
Connect with Ivan here and fill out this form to access the full support of all of our Sales Engineers.
- Technology Category: CCaaS and Teams UCaaS
- Sales Engineer: Dave Watson
- Industry: Healthcare
- Size and scope: Three locations, 850 users
- Winning provider: CallTower with Five9
- MRC: $31,840
What were the drivers and requirements?
The customer, which had a coast-to-coast user base, already used Microsoft Teams as their collaboration platform within their organization and wanted to move away from their on-premise PBX(s) and call center(s). Their end goal was to add Voice to their Teams environment and they required a Teams-integrated next-gen CCaaS platform. They were looking to consolidate their UCaaS and CCaaS requirements under one contract. They also were looking for a solution with a heavy emphasis on HIPAA and PCI compliances. OnmiChannel, SMS, skills routing, WFM, QM, and detailed Analytics were all key features under consideration.
Why did we win?
The Trusted Advisor had a deep-rooted relationship with the customer, and they used AVANT’s Teams UCaaS and CCaaS IQAs (Interactive Quick Assessments) to conduct the discovery process. From there, Dave curated an industry portfolio and provided the Trusted Advisor with different approaches and provider pairing options that would fulfill the customer’s needs, then presented pros and cons for each to the customer using AVANT’s Dynamic Matrices and their knowledge and solutions. The customer was easily able to narrow down their choices and make their decision, reducing the standard sourcing timeline by several months and ensuring they could meet their very aggressive installation goals. The client’s CIO stated it was one of the smoothest and most enjoyable purchasing experiences he has had in his career.
How did AVANT support the win?
AVANT’s Pathfinder put all of the tools and industry knowledge to get started at the Trusted Advisor’s fingertips. Dave Watson lent his fantastic support by leading stakeholders through next-gen CCaaS trends and Teams UCaaS education. This enabled them to select the proper customer service technology approach, paired with the appropriate Teams UCaaS direct routing partners for demos. Dave also led a post-demo meeting with the customer to debrief, compare platforms to their pricing quotes, and clarify any confusion, ultimately accelerating the deal toward contracts. This was a home run!
Ready to put our Sales Engineers in the game for your business? Fill out this quick form to discover how our SEs can provide their support for your open or potential opportunities!
- Compare Mobility providers, features, and pricing with a simple and filterable interface using our updated Mobility Matrix
- Refresh your skills today by accessing the newest Engineering Quick Hits in the Trusted Advisor Academy, focused on Managed Public Cloud and Pathfinder’s Connectivity Navigator!
- Grow your knowledge of key vendors in the channel by diving into our newest UCaaS and CCaaS Vendor Modules, featuring Dialpad, Evolve IP, and Genesys
- Check out our latest Ninja Notes on 11:11 Systems, Cato Networks, DartPoints, GoTo, Observe.ai, Online Business Systems (OBS), Opti9, Performive, Sangoma, and Tangoe
- Joining Forces to Simplify Managed Services – the latest Technology Insights podcast episode
- SASE Resources Toolkit – explore the resources that will help you tap into the SASE market and close more deals
- AVANT Experience at Channel Partners – May 1-4, 2023
- Plus, check out our other regional events to find a training and networking opportunity near you!