The Inside Channel Manager (ICM)
The Inside Chanel Manager (ICM), provides pre-sales support for Avant Agents and Avant Sales teams. The ICM will be expected to stay current on providers’ offerings and Avant intellectual property and communicate this knowledge to customers and partners. These activities are performed primarily via telephone, email, and in-market meetings. The ICM will be expected to re-board, support and educate Agents.
- Provide technical leadership and knowledge utilizing Avant’s service providers
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer’s business & technical objectives and product requirements, and develop effective solutions; Work closely with engineering and pricing team
- Utilize Salesforce for opportunity management, tracking and reporting.
- Re-board existing partners on Avant’s intellectual property/sales tools to provide sales enablement to agents
- Compare service providers’ offerings to provide a concise picture of pros and cons and explain differences to customers and sellers
- Continued Training; Become the expert in one or more fields, including security, cloud computing, unified communications, backup and disaster recovery, and colocation
- Work with minimal supervision aiding pre-sales and R&D
- Extremely well-organized with strong attention to detail
- Technologically savvy; including high familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Logical, practical, and systematic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to handle, and simultaneously balance, a wide variety of multiple tasks under short time constraints
- Customer service orientation, including empathetic listening skills, pleasant phone personality, and positive attitude
- Thrives in an environment that values servant leadership, high efficiency, personal dependability, and organizational commitment
- Self-driven; desire and ability to learn via various methods, with commitment to continuous education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of similar work experience, preferably technical pre-sales and/or operations
- Preferred background in key technology fields, such as IT security, server/storage infrastructure, cloud computing
- Optionally relevant industry certifications, such as CISSP or VTSP
The information contained in this job description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the opportunity. In addition, the employee should be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
To apply for this position, submit your resume via the form.