Senior Channel manager – STL/KC
The Senior Channel Manager (SCM) is responsible for tactically driving opportunities through the sales cycle for a group of AVANT Trusted Advisors within a respective major market. Recruit, enable and grow partners to think AVANT first!
These activities are performed primarily via communication mediums, in-market meetings, in market events, market visits and vendor management. The SCM will actively participate in coordinated sales calls with the Agents and Suppliers. The SCM will be expected to meet or exceed target key performance metrics and quota.
This is a full-time position. Travel Required.
- Recruit new Agents in assigned market and expand the market
- First point of contact for escalations.
- Secondary contact for quotes and contracts.
- On-board and Re-board select partners which includes creating a sales roadmap, Pathfinder adoption, and introductions to vendors.
- Conduct Semi-Annual Reviews with select partners.
- Drive attendance at regular sales and technical trainings
- Drive partner participation and sales through marketing campaigns and other programs
- Manage all opportunities and funnel in Salesforce
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on all products, programs and promotions.
- Work closely with the dedicated Inside Channel Manager (ICM) and aligned Pricing Analyst (PA) to ensure market and trusted advisor growth and success.
- Extremely well organized with strong attention to detail
- Technologically savvy; including high familiarity with Word, Excel, and data base applications involving computer use and data entry
- Uses logical, practical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to handle, and simultaneously balance, a wide variety of multiple tasks under short time constraints
- Customer service orientation, including empathetic listening skills, pleasant phone personality, and positive attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills in assessing customer issues, identifying possible solutions, then implementing long-term strategy solutions
- Thrive in an environment that values high efficiency, personal dependability, and organizational commitment
- Ability to articulate well over the phone and proficient in overcoming objections
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or advanced degree in related field of study preferred.
- 10 plus years experience in the IT or Telecom Channel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent ability to influence decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Verifiable history of exceeding sales goals.
- Management experience a plus.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Possess the attitude and aptitude to make a difference in a fun and fast-paced work environment.
- Undergraduate degree
- 1-2 years experience as CM or similar work experience
- Proven success in consistently achieving goals as CM or similar work experience
- Can demonstrate expertise in CM job responsibilities or similar work experience
The information contained in this job description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the opportunity. In addition, the employee should be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.To apply for this position, submit your resume via the form.