Sales Engineer, UCaaS
The Sales Engineer (SE), UCaaS (unified communications as a service), is an individual contributor role, responsible for providing technical, pre-sales support to Avant Agents and Avant Sales teams. The SE will be expected to stay current on partners’ offerings and industry technical certifications. The SE will use this knowledge to train and educate Agents and Sales teams, contribute to Avant technical content, and provide solution recommendations to Avant customers. The SE is a member of the Inside Engineering Team, focused primarily on mid-sized opportunities.
- Support the Avant sales process across two or more product lines, including UCaaS
- Understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements in order to develop accurate, detailed solutions
- Assist in the execution of onsite meetings with clients
- Contribute to the development of competitive documentation across providers
- Participate in marketing events to train and communicate with Agents
- Continuously expand knowledge on new and emerging technologies related to Avant offerings
- Adhere to standardized processes for the Sales Engineering team in order to improve the quality of work and increase scalability
- Achieve and maintain partner certifications in a timely manner
- Provide technical leadership and knowledge utilizing Avant’s service providers
- Work with minimal supervision aiding pre-sales and R&D
- Research and develop Avant’s knowledge base around service providers and across the industry
- Compare service providers’ offerings to provide a concise picture of pros and cons and explain differences to customers and sellers
- Two or more years of experience in technical sales or engineering roles, optionally in the channel, AND/OR demonstrated ability to perform the key responsibilities of the role, as outlined above
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred
- Ability to run meetings with clients and stakeholders, typically remotely, with some assistance
- Existing knowledge in unified communications or contact center strongly preferred
- Ability to acquire and enhance knowledge across Avant product lines and service providers: UCaas, SD-WAN, Security, Cloud – Backup/DR, CCaaS, Connectivity, Cloud – IaaS, Colocation
- Exemplary communication skills
- Technologically savvy; including high familiarity to Microsoft Office applications and other applications involving computer use and data entry
- Ability to travel to 1-2 industry events per year
The information contained in this job description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the opportunity. In addition, the employee should be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
To apply for this position, submit your resume via the form.