As the nation’s premier distributor of next generation technologies, AVANT Communications has the resources and relationships needed to successfully navigate the ever-changing world of communications and IT infrastructure. From complex cloud design to global wide-area network deployments, we empower our partners and clients with access to the global marketplace of Cloud, Colocation and Telecom service providers.
Our Commission Analysts are analytical, detail orientated, and passionate about the role they play in supporting our Trusted Advisors. As a member of AVANT’s Operations team, our Commission Analysts work closely with our Channel and Sales Teams to ensure the highest level of accuracy and precision.
Reporting directly to our Commissions Supervisor, Commission Analysts are responsible for unwinding partner payment inquiries, reconciling vendor statements, and assisting in various month-end reporting processes.
- Use RPM Telco, Jira, and Excel to verify commissions are received promptly and in the correct amounts as per opportunity details captured in SalesForce by AVANT’s Sales Team.
- Resolve partner commission concerns by engaging vendors and vetting payments against executed contracts and amendments.
- Support our ongoing vendor and partner reconciliations, ensuring discrepancies are raised and closed within reasonable timelines, with appropriate escalation and communication.
- Research historic transactions on behalf of partners.
- Audit newly commissioning accounts monthly, verifying they are tagged to the correct partner.
- Establish meaningful relationships across AVANT’s Trusted Advisor community through consistent and reliable communication.
- Support month-end close processes, which include confirming that vendor commission statements are processed accurately and on-time.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1+ year of relevant experience.
- Ability to navigate client and stake holder expectations via exceptional customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, specifically demonstrating ability to filter data sets, navigate large spreadsheets, execute queries such as =Sum, leverage Pivot Tables, and utilize VLOOKUPs efficiently.
- Comfortable with utilizing SalesForce as a CRM platform.
- Experience with RPM Telco a plus.
- Tenured in raising and resolving transactional disputes through research and collaboration with multiple parties.
- Confident and efficient communicator, both in-person and virtually.
- Enjoys working closely with a tightly knit team but is equally as comfortable working alone on projects.
- Appreciates the evolving nature of the technology industry by exhibiting flexibility, an eagerness to learn, and adept problem-solving skills.
The information contained in this job description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the opportunity. In addition, the employee should be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.